- Free & open-source software UNIX-like operating system under The GNU/GPL General Public License. Its entire source code is available for free use, modification and redistribution. It occupied maximum market shares in the server operating system market structure. Also, maintained rapid growth in key areas like finance, government, agriculture, transportation, web hosting, IT industry, and telecommunications.
- It occupies almost 75% market share in the server field.
- In 1991 Linus Torvalds released the Linux Kernel. After that user-space applications got added like GUI components and many other utilities.
- Red Hat Linux commercialized its tools to be sold for enterprises looking for a database administration system.
- In addition, considering the rapid growth of Linux and the support of relevant national policies in different countries, Linux server products are bound to impact the larger server market.
You must log in to post a comment.